Main idea trees:
- a graphic representation of the passage of time as a line.
- Comparing and contrasting is a thinking strategy that we use to make sense of what we read. This graphic organizer is very versatile and can be used to teach students to compare and contrast two things, settings, characters, themes, versions of the same tale, mysteries, poems, and other traits.
- The Venn diagram used for this looks like this picture below. using each side to describe differences and the middle to share similarities.
Think-writes for different skills and strategies
- Think-writes are short, quick bits of writing that help your students focus and clarify their thinking.
- often completed in two minutes and never take more than five minutes.
- Written for the writer to clarify thinking.
- I will use venn diagrams in my classroom to compare and contrast different elements.